December 22, 2016 – Sk8te Hollinger is officially open for the winter season thanks to the Tree Bandit and a group of dedicated volunteers. The City of Timmins is encouraging residents to drop off their Christmas trees at the Hollinger Park to be used in beautifying the skate park and to assist in the construction of a natural wind barrier.
As per previous years, residents can dispose of their Christmas trees at many disposal sites available from December 27, 2016 to January 13, 2017, but the Hollinger Park is the preferred location. Other locations are being made available, and trees collected at other disposal locations will be brought to the Hollinger Park, when feasible, by Public Works employees and staff.
Tree drop off sites are as follows:
- Mountjoy (Ward 1) – Mountjoy Arena
- Timmins (Ward 5) – Hollinger Park (preferred site), Sportsplex Arena, Bozzer Park (Airport Rd)
- Schumacher (Ward 3) – Schumacher Fire Hall (off Dwyer Ave)
- South Porcupine (Ward 2) – Public Works Yard (Evans St), Tisdale Transfer Site
- Whitney (Ward 4) – Whitney Arena, Public Works Yard (Falcon St)
- Connaught (Ward 4) – Connaught Community Centre, Hoyle Community Centre
- Civic Park – Deloro Landfill Site (Pine St South), Confederation Arena
For further information please contact the Public Works Department at 705-360-2646.