April 18, 2017 – On Saturday, April 22, 2017 Timmins Transit will celebrate the 47th anniversary of Earth Day by offering free conventional transit in the City of Timmins.
As we celebrate Earth Day 2017, the issues of climate change and the environment have become increasingly important topics. Across Canada, people are taking action and many are choosing to ride public transportation.
Did you know:
- One city bus can take 40 to 50 vehicles off the road, save 70,000 litres of fuel and keep 168 tonnes of pollutants out of the atmosphere each year.
- Public transit consumes three times less energy per passenger-kilometre than the automobile, making it three times more efficient
- Transit has the lowest fatality rate of any transportation mode.
- A shift from single-occupancy vehicle use to Public Transit will reduce transportation related greenhouse gas emissions.
- The average single vehicle commuter can save over $2,000 in annual fuel costs by riding public transit
Public transportation greatly benefits the environment and enhances the quality of life for all Canadians. Give yourself and the environment a break in recognition of Earth Day and try out Timmins Transit.
Every day is Earth Day when you ride the bus!
Media Contact: Heather Duhn, Corporate Communications Coordinator
705-360-2600, ext. 2212 firstname.lastname@example.org