Phone: (705) 360-2621
Pool: 705-360-2600 ext 5861
Fax: (705) 360-2687
The Department of Leisure Services will facilitate the delivery of a diverse supply of high quality leisure opportunities to all residents and visitors of the City of Timmins. The Department will strive to ensure leisure opportunities are accessible to all residents and visitors in order to contribute to a healthy community and improved quality of life for Timmins residents.
Program, public swim, public skating and other Leisure Services offerings are listed in this section.
The Leisure Department strives to ensure leisure opportunities are accessible to all residents and visitors in order to contribute to a healthy community and improved quality of life for Timmins residents. Our goals are:
- To promote the value of leisure and a healthy lifestyle to the community.
- To actively try to eliminate barriers to participation in leisure activities. Barriers can be related to physical access, income, geography and awareness.
- To act as an advocate for community groups and residents restricted from participating in leisure services and assist them, where possible, in their efforts to participate in a full range of leisure opportunities.
- To promote partnerships with other public and private agencies to maximize the personal, social, economic and environmental benefits of leisure.
- To establish an acceptable community standard of service for the provision of parks and open space, facilities and programs and maintain the leisure system to that standard in a cost efficient manner.
- To aggressively market, and communicate to residents, all available leisure services in Timmins using a variety of means.
- To develop and protect the parks and open space system while promoting environmental stewardship, protection and conservation.
- To assess the needs of the leisure consumer and continually monitor and evaluate services.
- To work with the community to facilitate their development of leisure programs and activities and provide the community with opportunities to be involved in the ongoing direction and development of leisure services in Timmins.
- To maximize opportunities to contribute to economic growth and tourism development through the leisure system of parks and open space and facilities.