Voter Identification

You can vote if you are:
  • A Canadian Citizen
  • At least 18 years old; and
  • Live in the City of Timmins or own or rent property in Timmins or are the spouse of a person who owns or rents property in Timmins

A person may present, as proof of identity and residence for the purposes of subparagraph 52 ( 1) 1 ii of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, an original, or a certified or notarial copy, of a document that is listed below and shows the person' s name and qualifying address.

1. An Ontario driver’s licence

2. An Ontario Health Card (photo card)

3. An Ontario Photo Card

4. An Ontario motor vehicle permit (vehicle portion)

5. A cancelled personalized cheque

6. A mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement relating to property in Ontario

7. An insurance policy or insurance statement

8. A loan agreement or other financial agreement with a financial institution

9. A document issued or certified by a court in Ontario

10. Any other document from the government of Canada, Ontario or a municipality in Ontario or from an agency or such a government

11. Any document from a Band Council in Ontario established under the Indian Act (Canada)

12. An income tax assessment notice

13. A Child Tax Benefit Statement

14. A Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E

15. A Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS)

16. A Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P)

17. A Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions

18. A Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Works

19. A Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Disability Support Program

20. A Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007

21. A property tax assessment 2014 Voters’ Guide for Ontario Municipal and School Board Elections

22. A credit card statement, bank account statement, or RRSP, RRIF, RHOSP or T5 statement

23. A CNIB Bard or a card from another registered charitable organization that provides services to persons with disabilities

24. A hospital card or record

25. A document showing campus residence, issued by the office or officials responsible for student residence at a post-secondary institution

26. A document showing residence at a long-term care home under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, issued by the Administrator for the home

27. A utility bill for hydro, water, gas, telephone or cable TV or a bill from a public utilities commission

28. A cheque stub, T4 statement or pay receipt issued by an employer

29. A transcript or report card from a post-secondary school

Where any one of the above documents is not available for presentation at the voting place, the elector shall complete an application in the prescribed form Declaration of Identity— Form 9), including a statutory declaration that he or she is the elector shown on the voters' list.