Animal Pound Service

Humane Society  

Phone: (705) 264-1816

The Timmins and District Humane Society provides assistance for Animal Control by housing and caring for animals who are stray or surrendered. 


Who Should You Call? 

What happens if you find a dog running loose? Who do you call if you are concerned for a pet in distress? And where does the humane society fit into all of it? 

If you find any pet running at large within the City of Timmins, your first step is to call Pads K9 (705-531-2998), who holds the animal control contract in Timmins. They bring the animals to TDHS where they are housed until either their family claims them, or they are forfeited to the legal care of TDHS.

If it is a matter of animal welfare, perhaps a cat requires medical care they are not receiving, or a dog does not have proper housing, food or water, then you call the Provincial Animal Welfare Society (1-833-9-Animal), who are responsible for investigating concerns for animal cruelty, abuse and neglect. 

As a humane society, TDHS's primary role is animal care and education. They provide care to the animals who come to live at the shelter and help find them forever homes, as well as educate the public on appropriate and responsible animal care. 

You can visit TDHS at for more information on their services. 


 TDHS New Online Look Coming Soon

The Timmins & District Humane Society is getting a brand-new look - online! In the coming days, visitors to the TDHS site will see an updated look that will be fresh and more user-friendly. 

The same information will be available - access to adorable animals awaiting their forever homes, ways to donate and the many services that TDHS offers! Over the coming weeks TDHS will be making ongoing additions and changes to ensure the most up to date and accurate information available.

TDHS appreciates your patience during this process and thanks you for your continued support!