Cemetery Management

Phone: (705) 360-2615

 Email: [email protected]

Our office staff are licensed sales representatives under the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002. License numbers 4698145, 4732714 and 4739373.

Cemetery Regular Office HoursCemetery Office

The office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (closed from 12-1:00) The office is located at 895 Pine Street South.

Cemeteries in the City of Timmins are here to preserve and to honor the memories of those who have gone on before us.

Cemetery Management provides for the maintenance, management, regulation, operation and control of the Timmins Memorial Cemetery, Tisdale Cemetery and Whitney Cemetery.

The City operates and manages three cemeteries:

Timmins Memorial - The Catholic Cemetery was established in 1906, was moved to the current location in 1917, and in November 1966 was acquired by the Town of Timmins and amalgamated with the Timmins Memorial Cemetery. Timmins Memorial Cemetery

Tisdale Cemetery - The Township of Tisdale has operated the Tisdale Cemetery since the early 1900s. Tisdale Cemetery Map

Whitney Fire Monument

Whitney Cemetery - The Whitney Cemetery was originally established as a burial site for the victims of the Fire of 1911. Since then, it has been referred to as Dead Man’s Point Cemetery as often as the Whitney Cemetery. All three cemeteries were incorporated into the City of Timmins Cemetery Department at the amalgamation/incorporation of the City of Timmins in 1973. Click here to view/download Whitney Cemetery Map

Special Guidelines for the New Timmins Memorial Expansion

The expansion plots have a continuous foundation. No markers or monuments are permitted in front of this foundation. Additionally, no planting of flowers, shrubs or lot adornments of any kind are permitted in front of the foundation. Any vases, flower holders etc. must be secured to the foundation or monument.

Timmins Memorial, Tisdale and Whitney cemeteries, grave plot allowances have changed:

For each 4 x 10 lot, the City allows for one (1) casket interment with three (3) additional cremations or infant burials or four (4) cremation burials.

A copy of By-law is available at the cemetery office or online ( Click here to view or download cemetery by-law )


Any questions or comments can be directed to the Cemetery Manager, (705) 360-2615 or e-mail [email protected]

Cemetery Facts

Winter at Timmins Memorial

Winter at Timmins Memorial

The cemeteries found in Timmins and Porcupine are rich with history. Below are some historical facts about cemeteries in Timmins.

  • Reverend Father Theriault used the churchyard on Fifth Avenue, Timmins, as a burial ground for his parishioners from 1912 to 1917.
  • In 1917, space was a problem, and a cemetery beyond the town limits was chosen. Today, that site is the old Roman Catholic section of the Timmins memorial cemetery. The 72 graves in the churchyard were moved to the present site.
  • J. Easton, a local undertaker started to bury non-Catholic on the neighbouring land. Previously, non-Catholics were buried in the South Porcupine cemetery, which had served the entire Porcupine Camp until that time.
  • The town of Timmins later surveyed off the land and fenced the two areas.
  • In 1937, the Canadian Legion formed the legion plot, and the efforts made by them were instrumental in arousing public interest in the cemetery.
  • In 1911, victims of the Porcupine Fire were buried at Dead Man’s Point, now Whitney Cemetery. In 1912, a new site was chosen for the cemetery, on what is now Hwy. 101.
  • A monument to 9 of the victims of the Hollinger disaster of 1928 is located in the Timmins Cemetery.